John, Cristy, Brooklyn and Paxton

John, Cristy, Brooklyn and Paxton

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baby Brooklyn Has Arrived





Tuesday August 16th started like most days in late pregnancy. I was swollen and a little uncomfortable but didn't have any contractions or signs of labor. I actually had a lot of energy that day and was starting to accept the fact that Brooklyn was likely coming late. I went to work and then attended a breastfeeding class that evening. Around 10:30pm I noticed that my water was slowly leaking. We called our doula (ok back-up doula because our doula left for vacation that day with the assurance that our baby wouldn't come until she got back) to discuss the situation. Since I wasn't having any contractions, she suggested I go back to bed and get some rest. Around midnight I started having mild contractions, our doula (Wendy) arrived around 2am and we left for the hospital around 4:30am. We were in lobby of the ER for about 40 minutes due to labor and delivery being completely full. I was put into a regular room and the nurse checked my status. I was at 9 cm and Brooklyn arrived at 6:03am. It is amazing how your body is made for this process. Everything happened so fast that it felt like a dream. It didn't really hit me that she was here until several hours later.

No comments:

Post a Comment